High School Reunion Time!



Hello Everyone! I guess you thought I dropped off the planet, huh? Sorry that I haven't blogged in so long - life has been crazy busy and that's really my only excuse. I seriously underestimated how my life would change when I went back to working a "real job"! Many of the changes have been great, and others - not so much! I am going to try blogging again on a limited basis, maybe 3-4 days per week at a maximum. I have really missed interacting with you all and hope you will be happy to see me back! 

One of the things that has been keeping me busy as of late - my 25th High School Reunion. I know, I know...even I cannot believe I'm old enough to be out of high school for twenty-five years. It doesn't even seem real - but yet, it is. As an official member of our planning committee, I have been working on the reunion for months. Last weekend, it was finally time for our festivities and oh.my.goodness! What an amazing time we had! My class had both a 10 and 20 year reunion previously, and honestly I think this was our best reunion yet. 

Our venue was the Mobile Carnival Museum, and it made for a perfect "party atmosphere". Even though it's not exactly Mardi Gras time during the middle of the summer, it didn't matter. We had a local Mardi Gras association come in and have a little parade (complete with throws). Classmates who had moved away from the area really appreciated this - many of them hadn't attended a Mardi Gras event in 25 years! 

Of course, the best part of the weekend was having the opportunity to reconnect with old friends. Many of my girlfriends I see and speak with often (Facebook has helped us stay in touch more than anything). However, some of them I have not seen in years! I was amazed by how wonderful everyone looked - as if time had stood still. (We wish!) 

Here are some fun pictures with my friends - enjoy! 

With my friend Amy...we were the best of friends all during high school and then lost touch for many years. We reconnected at our 20 year reunion and have stayed in touch ever since! 

With my friend Gwen...she hadn't been to a reunion since our 10 year. We reconnected on Facebook several years ago, and have seen one another sporadically since then. It was great to be able to spend a little more time with her, even if it was short!  

With my friend Melissa...we chat frequently on Facebook but don't get to see each other often because she lives in Daytona Beach. Just for fun, I'm also giving you and "before and after" picture of us. We were big buddies in high school - had several classes together, lived in the same neighborhood, and have so many fun memories. Do you think we have changed? (in the before pic, we're at some type of awards banquet for our Senior Class - sad that I can't remember exactly!)

This picture was taken at our Friday night "Meet and Greet" before the big reunion on Saturday night. It was so fun to serve on the planning committee with some of my favorite girlfriends from school - Jill, Paige and Stephanie. I anticipate our committee will be getting together quite often, as we had such a fantastic time working together! 
Naturally, the DH accompanied me to all the events. He was such a good sport and loved meeting all my friends. I joked with him that I needed to make flashcards as he was having a difficult time keeping all the names straight. At the Friday night event, I wore Lilly Pulitzer and he wore Southern Tide. We coordinated our wardrobes so the pictures would look better - hence all the blue! What do you think?
And in the picture at the very top of this post, DH and I are both wearing Lilly Pulitzer to the Saturday night event. He is wearing dress pants and dress shirt with his Lilly Pulitzer Dark N Stormy necktie, and I'm wearing the white Delisa dress. They were perfect wardrobe choices - we weren't overdressed, and we certainly weren't under dressed either. I was thrilled with our choices. 

I do know one thing - I was totally exhausted on Sunday! I suppose because I am getting old (joking, haha). Recovery from a two day party is tough! 

Have you been to your high school reunion(s)? If not, I highly encourage you to go to the next one. It's a wonderful time, and obviously everyone changes when they become an adult. It gives you an opportunity to reconnect with your old friends, and maybe become better friends with someone you knew previously but didn't hang around. It's the beauty of these events - we receive another opportunity to have a friendship as an adult. 

Have a wonderful day and see you again soon! 

P.S. Another place you can find me often is Instagram - my user is @shopaholicinal. Come follow me for OOTD posts, scenery from the Alabama Gulf Coast, and more fun! 

Comments

  1. It seems like a great idea to have a Mardi Gras event mixed in with your twenty five year high school reunion. It is great to see that you were able to meet up with old friends. It appears as though everyone had a great time. I agree with you that Facebook is a great way to stay in touch throughout the years and the miles.

    My homepage | Professional Doctorate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican